Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, April 18, 2011

4/18/2011 (34 weeks, 3 days)

Had a false alarm last week when we thought Eleanor was coming home Thursday.  She ended up having an apnea Wed night and so they had to restart the going-home countdown.  She needs to be apnea-free for 5 days before she can come home.  Right now she's on day 4.  I'm not going to explain what that means because I don't want to jinx anything.  Baby girl is up to 4lbs 10oz and is eating about twice as much as they had been giving her before they let her set her own pace.  I need to try and meet with the occupational therapist to practice bottle-feeding.  Bottle-feeding preemies is a process, and I'm not even particularly practiced feeding term babies as I nursed my other three.  I've fed Eleanor once from a bottle and it didn't go well, but I've nursed her a few times and that seems to work out fine.
Special thanks to Ms. Gayle for the beautiful outfit, Candy Pei for the outfit and bath set, and for the Baton Rouge Sigma Alumnae Chapter for lunch last weekend.  It was very yummy!  Grace said the salad was particularly "well-prepared", lol!






No comments:

Post a Comment